Southern Navigators has achieved Sport England Clubmark accreditation. Clubmark is the Sport England cross sport quality accreditation for clubs with junior sections. Clubmark accreditation is awarded to clubs that comply with minimum operating standards in four areas:
- The playing programme.
- Duty of care and child protection.
- Sports equity and ethics.
- Club management.
As a single, national standard, Clubmark gives sports clubs of all types structure and direction. Clubs awarded Clubmark have seen many tangible benefits, such as:
- Club development: The foundation for any club is its youth structure. By encouraging and attracting young members, it is building a strong future.
- Increased membership: Addressing issues like equity and child protection gives parents confidence when choosing a club for their children.
- Developing coaches and volunteers: As part of Clubmark, clubs receive help in developing the skills of those involved in their organisation.
- Raised profile: Once Clubmark accredited, clubs will be listed on a national database and in other directories, to help them attract new members and grow.
Clubmark was introduced in 2002 by Sport England to:
- Ensure that accrediting partners apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practice and minimum operating standards are delivered through all club development and accreditation schemes.
- To empower parent(s)/carer(s) when choosing a club for their children.
- To ensure that Clubmark accredited clubs are recognised through a common approach to branding.
- To provide a focus around which all organisations involved in sport can come together to support good practice in sports clubs working with children and young people.
Visit the Clubmark website for for more details.