So you have been asked to help/organise/plan an event for SN, well you started right by coming here first. Whether you are supporting a junior league/Saturday open series event or a National, the information on these pages can be useful. This web page has a collection of links, ideas and guidelines that may help you through making that first event a success.
- Whatever role you have may find a need to refer to the British Orienteering rules and guidelines.
- The British Orienteering rules are also complemented by the International Orienteering Federation Rules, but for most events you will not need to refer to these.
- If you are an organiser of one of SN's events the following is a good read ...Organiser Brief
- British Orienteering organisers Information
- Skeleton flyer template
- Thoughts of a new organiser
- Organising a schools event
- If you are a planner of a SN event, try this as some good data ... Planning Guidelines
- British Orienteering planners Information.
- Planning on OCAD: Current suggestions If the event needs to do map updates then you need to use version 9.2 of OCAD. If you do not have this please arrange for a disc to be collected/sent from Steve McKinley. Do not use version 10 (trial version is very limited). If for some reason you have a full copy, any map updates made are not back-compatible so may causes problems If you wish we can also support the option of using ‘Purple pen’ (www.purplepen.golde.org) which is free software, and simple to use. You could also use CONDES if you have a licensed copy. Once you have finished your planning please send a copy to Steve McKinley so he can prepare the files for Routegadget.
- March 2018 planning course. Slide presentation: Sn Planning Workshop 2018 V1 . Alternatively as pdf (6 slides per page): Sn Planning Workshop 2018 V1 6Perpage