So you have been asked to help/organise/plan an event for SN, well you started right by coming here first. Whether you are supporting a junior league/Saturday open series event or a National, the information on these pages can be useful. This web page has a collection of links, ideas and guidelines that may help you through making that first event a success.
- Whatever role you have may find a need to refer to the British Orienteering rules and guidelines.
- The British Orienteering rules are also complemented by the International Orienteering Federation Rules, but for most events you will not need to refer to these.
- If you are an organiser of one of SN's events the following is a good read ...Organiser Brief
- British Orienteering organisers Information
- Skeleton flyer template
- Thoughts of a new organiser
- Organising a schools event
- If you are a planner of a SN event, try this as some good data ... Planning Guidelines
- British Orienteering planners Information.
- See the Links page for links to Purple Pen, OCAD and Condes.
- We use ‘Purple Pen’ planning software for almost all events. It is free software, and simple to use.
- OCAD: If the map needs updating it needs to be done in OCAD version 9.2. Contact the mapping officer for advice, of for a list of club members who can help. If you do not have this please arrange for a disc to be collected/sent from Steve McKinley. (Do not later versions of OCAD: any map updates made are not back-compatible so may cause problems).
- You can also use CONDES if you have a licensed copy.
- Once you have finished your planning please send a copy to Steve McKinley so he can prepare the files for Routegadget.
- Simple Maps For Street Events - February 2018 SNaggers article
- March 2018 planning course. Slide presentation: SN Planning Workshop 2018 V1 . Alternatively as pdf (6 slides per page): SN Planning Workshop 2018 V1