Rules and Information about the league.
Rules of the competition:
- Open to all members of Southern Navigators Orienteering Club.
- A single league with prizes for first woman and first man
- The league will be based on the best 5 performances in qualifying events
- There will be 10-12 qualifying events in each year: the 7 Saturday Series events; the SN handicap; and at least two summer events
- All qualifying events will be marked in the calendar section on the SN website
- The league organiser will set handicaps based upon age, sex and ranking.
- The rankings of Gold 1, Gold 2, Silver 1, Silver 2, Bronze 1, Bronze 2 will be based on the past two years performance.
- Competitors may run either Blue or Green courses
- The competitors target time is determined by multiplying their handicap by the height-adjusted course length
- The height –adjusted course length is the length of the course in Km plus 1km for each 100m of climb the course has.
- Competitors score points equal to their target time / actual time (as a percentage)
- The final event of the season carries an extra 10pts (including for the planner)
- If two or more people are equal in points the winner will be determined by looking at the best 6 events and if that is drawn then the best 7 etc.
- The league organisers decision is final
- Rankings will be reviewed at the end of each season (with a half year review for anyone scoring exceptionally well)