How to join
Southern Navigators (SN) welcomes new members of all ages, from complete beginners through to experienced orienteers. The club is affiliated to British Orienteering (BO), the sport’s national governing body, and you join the club via British Orienteering (see below for details).
You can join as a Senior member (aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year) or a Junior member (aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year).
How much does membership cost?
The cost is dependent on which membership type Senior or Junior. The following table shows the cost for the 2017 season.
- Senior – any member aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year
- Junior – any member aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year
The membership fee consists of 3 parts; The club, South Central Orienteering Association and the sports governing body, British Orienteering.
As a member you will receive:
- The British Orienteering magazine, Focus, which includes the junior magazine Ozone (3 copies per year - one copy per postal address)
- Discounts from national companies through the member discounts scheme (click here for a full list of discounts available)
- The option to sign up for a range of e-newsletters
- Eligibility to compete in the United Kingdom Orienteering League
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at international competitions
- The option to compete in a Rankings scheme
- Eligibility to apply for awards under the British Orienteering Badge Scheme
- Access to a ‘Navigational Challenge’ and ‘Racing Challenge’ Incentive Scheme
- Public Liability Insurance when participating in events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
- Access to a members only section of the website
This takes you to the British Orienteering website to complete the online form. The club and association will be be pre-filled using this link, you just need to add your personal details.