Many of SN junior members have progressed through the club, joining regional squads for SCOA and SEOA and in turn going on to be members of the Great Britain International squads. Becoming a member of SCOA or SEOA squads allows members to be selected to participate in British Orienteering Federation training tours and compete in organised competitions.
The club has a number of Junior awards presented at the end of the year, see the club awards page for the latest holders
If you want to try and improve your understanding of map symbols try this map symbol quiz. Maybe you would prefer to check out your knowledge of pictorial descriptions (there the ones used at international events since not everyone understands English), then try this Description description quiz.
SN Junior Squad (SNJS)
The SN Junior Squad trains regularly throughout the season, usually on Saturday mornings from 100:00-12:00. Training is targeted at all juniors aged 8 to 18. Sessions are led by our very experienced coaches and orienteers: Jeremy Edwards, Sarah Rollins, Sue Bett and Laurence Townley.
The aims of the squad are to:
- Provide coaching in the core skills to those juniors keen to develop
- Bridge the gap between the SN Junior League and other district, regional and national competitions
- Encourage longer-term participation in our sport
- Strengthen the club
- Promote the regional junior orienteering squads
- And last but not least to have fun
The SNJS has its own squad t-shirt, these are available at training sessions for a small charge.
Contact Laurence Townley for more information.
South Central Junior Squad (SCJS)
Open to any enthusiastic SCOA juniors who are moving on to light green courses and above.
- Maximise Potential
- Motivate Juniors
- Nurture talent
- Have fun
The squad holds regular training sessions and takes part in the annual Junior Inter Regional Championships (JIRCs).
New squad O tops and hoodies available.
Contact Simon Kippin and Laurence Townley at firstname.lastname@example.org
South East Junior Squad (SEJS)
Open to SEOA juniors.
Similar to SCOA junior squad above.
Contact Carol Lovegrove for further information
Fleet Community Orienteering
- Learn to read a map and enjoy some healthy outdoor exercise.
- Activities for families in Fleet, Hampshire - aimed at children aged 5 to 11.
- Sessions are Mondays 6-7 pm (April to October, term time only) and take place in local parks, school grounds and woodland areas close to Fleet. Please see our Facebook page for details of the location for each week.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the session. Cost £1 per person to cover equipment and map printing.
Contact Sue Bett for more information